Software Entrepreneur & Laravel Developer Introducing Michael Houghton
With 14 years experience as a Software Developer mixed with a business background, I have a great balance of technical and business knowledge. I have launched hundreds of software applications, lead development teams and seen companies grow from infancy to million dollar businesses.
I define myself as a Software Entrepreneur - I work with clients who need help to grow their business to the next level. Whether it's improving the sales conversions at an e-commerce website, launching a new version of an application or helping grow the number of visitors to a site - I aim to produce genuine results, quickly!
I have lead development teams, have launched my own websites and helped many companies overcome complex problems by finding simple solutions.
Tools of the Trade
I love working with Laravel and consider myself a Laravel expert. I have helped companies launch rapid MVP solutions with Laravel.
List of Achievements
I wrote my first website when I was 15 years old. Here is a quick list of my achievements since then:
- Started online trading during High School - had a perfect feedback record with over 1500 transactions.
- In 2005 I founded Elive - which today is one of New Zealand's largest online stores.
- In 2008 launched my own Penny Auction software - selling hundreds of licenses in a 3 year period.
- In 2010 I launched my own Penny Auction website targeting the Asian Market.
- In 2013 was part of the CakeDC team - working along side the founder of CakePHP.
- In 2013 I was the winner of IEDR Optimize Fund.
- In 2014 I was the Regional Finalist for Ireland's Best Young Entrepreneur.
- In 2014 I was accepted into Toptal as a developer (Toptal only accept 3% of developers that apply). In 2016 I joined the core team as a Director of Engineering.
- In 2017 I developed rapid software solutions for Mclowd - an Australia based self managed super fund accounting platform.
- In 2018 I founded Freelancer Mentor - a resource to help teach freelancers how to build a successful freelancing business.
But don't just take my word for it! See what my clients have to say about working with me.
Does it sound like I could be an asset to your business? Lets connect!